Saturday, January 7, 2012

Crock Pot Cheese Potato Soup




Place the following in a crock pot on low heat:
8-10 peeled and diced potatoes
4 cups of chicken broth (I like to use the low sodium)
1/2 cup of diced onion
2 diced carrots (1/2-3/4 cup)
1/2 cup of diced celery
1 Tbsp of parsley flakes
1/2 tsp of garlic powder
2 Tbsp of butter
1/2 cup of diced ham or cooked bacon
Cook in a crook pot until the carrot and potatoes are tender. 

Then add the following three ingredients and cook until hot:
12oz can of evaporated milk (I like to use 2% low fat)
6 oz of sour cream
12oz of American cheese (approximately 15 slices) (I also use the 2% kraft singles.  Just peel off the wrapper and drop them in the crock pot.)
Enjoy!


Featured on:
  Truly Lovely Blog   BWS tips button
Here is a list of the Linky parties that I link up to.  Thank you to all of the hosts for letting me post my favorite recipes, crafts, money saving ideas and activities for children.

Sunday - 

Monday -

Tuesday -

Wednesday-

Thursday

Friday-

Saturday-

18 comments:

  1. numm, numm. I love crock pot and I love good, creamy potato soup. your soup sounds delish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that I'm following you! What a great Crock Pot recipe! Thanks so much for sharing:)

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great recipe! I am now following your blog. I found you at Ivy & Elephants' Link Party :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks simple and delish!


    Kimba
    www.kimbas2cents.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This soup has two of my fav foods.....potatoes and cheese! Thanks for sharing it! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds so good and perfect for this Fall weather and rainy day today! Thanks so much for linkin up to my Sunday FUNday party!! Hope to see you again! I'm sharing on my networks so please feel free to grab a featured button and get your brag on :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love looking at your weekly parties, even if I don't have a chance to link up.

      Delete
  7. Who wouldn't love an easy and tasty tempting recipe for soup like this one? Thanks for sharing it this week on BeColorful.
    p

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love potato soup. Your recipe sounds delicious! Thanks for linking up with me for Friday Favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds yummy! I love easy crock pot soups for the fall. Thanks for sharing at I Made It! Monday. Can't wait to see what you link up this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Potatoes and cheese, my family is sold! Thanks so much for sharing on foodie friday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like the perfect fall meal!!! Thanks for sharing on Fancy This Fridays! Hope you'll stop by and check out YOUR FEATURE!!! ;) http://www.trulylovelyblog.net/2012/10/fancy-this-features-97/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks so yummy. I will be featuring this tonight at my Fall into Fall party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not only sold, but we really did love it too! I've featured this on Foodie Friday this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...