Monday, March 26, 2012

Make your own bath toy holder



I was tired of paying $10 and up for containers and nets to hold the bath toys.  I decided to make one.

First, I bought a $1 plastic basket at Dollar Tree.

Next, Using a  permanent marker, I marked dots on the bottom of the basket 1 1/2" apart.
This is what the bottom of the basket looked like, covered in dots.

Then I drilled holes in the bottom of the basket, using a 3/8" drill bit.

This is what the bottom of the basket looks like after the holes were drilled.

Next, I placed plastic bumpers on the bottom of the basket.  You can pick these up in the picture hanging section of the hardware store.  This will help the water drain away from the basket.


And fill it with your favorite bath toys.  It works 10 times better than the bath toy net that we were using and it costs a lot less.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...