Every year, we make a trip to Nebraska to see our family and friends. To keep the kids entertained for 11 hours, I have to pack certian items. Here are a few of the items and activities that we do.
1. 50 states game - I list the 50 states on a piece of paper or on the back of a magazine. Lillie, Brian and I watch for the names on license plates, trucks, or signs. In our last trip, we found and crossed through the following in the photo.
2. ABC game - Lillie looks for the letters on signs, trucks, etc. She found and crossed through the ones in the photo.
4. Nintendo DS - for Lillie to play with
5. Fisher Price iXL (or other toddler game unit) - Sophie plays with this.
6. Color Wonder Markers and coloring book - a new set is exciting at the start of the trip. These markers only mark on the special color wonder paper.
8. Special treat to eat - I give the girls a special sweet treat to eat after lunch.
9. "Look at the cows, Sophie!" I keep my eyes open for landmarks, animals and machinery that the girls will be excited to look at.
10. Sing Songs
11. Counting down the miles - Lillie counts down the mile markers and exit signs to the state line.
12. Follow along on a map - Follow your trip and progress on a map. You can use a road atlas or on a map that you make.
13. This website has a great list of printables to use in the car. http://preparednotscared.blogspot.com/2010/06/preparedness-project-travel-bag.html