http://annies-eats.com/2010/03/05/baked-southwestern-egg-rolls/ I made them last night and they were delicious. They are baked and homemade, so they are healthier than the ones at restaurants and in the grocery freezer section. I even wrapped the cooked leftovers in wax paper and reheated one tonight. I reheated a frozen egg roll in the toaster oven for 10 minutes and it tasted just as good tonight as it did last night.
- 2 cups of frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (15oz) can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 (10oz) package of frozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed dry (the recipe calls for a full package, but I choose to use only 1/2 of the package.)
- 2 cups of shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 (4oz) can of diced green chilies
- 1/2 of a chopped red onion (recipe suggested 4 green onions. I didn't have them, so I used red onion.)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp of chili powder
- 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1 cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1 package of egg roll wrappers
Dip your finger tip in water and wet the exposed edges of the egg roll wrapper. This help the wrapper stick. Fold the left and right corners to the center. I pushed the wrapper down next to the mixture, like I was wrapping a package.
We like to eat ours with Ranch dressing.