Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Everyday Learning Moments


Learning does not need to be scheduled or planned.  Sometimes your little one will learn better in an everyday moment.  Here are a few of our Everyday Learning Moments.
  • Sophie is potty training and she gets gummies for a success.  She offered me one and I asked for my favorite "red" one.  She pulled out the gummies until she found a red one for me.  
  • Counting the steps.  Sophie and I count the steps.   She is only 2 years old and she can count to 10.
  • Sorting socks. Sophie also helps me match socks.  Not only is it a great way to practice matching skills, but it is a great way to keep your toddler occupied and have the socks matched up.








  • Looking for logos. When we drive in the car, I ask Lillie  to look for "Target, Wal-mart, PetSmart" and names of other businesses. At first, this was to keep Lillie entertained, but she started to correlate the name with the logo and letters.  I think that this was one reason why she was reading at only 4 years old.
  • Sidewalk chalk shapes and colors.  Color in different shapes with chalk. Use different colors and ask your Toddler to find the shape or color that you ask for.
  • Learning activities with building blocks
    http://happiestmomontheblog.blogspot.com/2012/06/learning-activities-with-building.html
  • I will post more Everyday Learning Moments when I think of more.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...