Learning does not need to be scheduled or planned. Sometimes your little one will learn better in an everyday moment. Here are a few of our Everyday Learning Moments.
- Sophie is potty training and she gets gummies for a success. She offered me one and I asked for my favorite "red" one. She pulled out the gummies until she found a red one for me.
- Counting the steps. Sophie and I count the steps. She is only 2 years old and she can count to 10.
- Sorting socks. Sophie also helps me match socks. Not only is it a great way to practice matching skills, but it is a great way to keep your toddler occupied and have the socks matched up.
- Looking for logos. When we drive in the car, I ask Lillie to look for "Target, Wal-mart, PetSmart" and names of other businesses. At first, this was to keep Lillie entertained, but she started to correlate the name with the logo and letters. I think that this was one reason why she was reading at only 4 years old.
- Sidewalk chalk shapes and colors. Color in different shapes with chalk. Use different colors and ask your Toddler to find the shape or color that you ask for.
- Learning activities with building blocks
- I will post more Everyday Learning Moments when I think of more.