Thursday, May 24, 2012

Preschool "Days of the Week" Calendar



Lillie and I made this "Days of the Week" calendar when she was only 3 years old.  She knew which days she had preschool and dance, and which days Brian had off of work (Sat & Sun).  To help her keep track of what day it was we made this calendar.
Step 1: I Lillie picked out 7 colors of construction paper.
Step 2: I made squares for her to cut out of the construction paper and she cut them out.  (great cutting practice.)
Step 3: I asked her which day she wanted me to write on each square.
Step 4: She glued the squares end to end.
Step 5: we punch holes in the top and tied a string to the calendar.
Step 6: I made a butterfly on one of the squares that she cut out.
Step 7: We glued the butterfly onto a clothes pin. 
After the glue was dried we hung up the calendar.  Each morning, Lillie would move the butterfly to the new day.

Linked up on:
Classified: Mom
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...