Monday, May 14, 2012

Walking Taco Casserole


I saw this recipe on Pinterest and it was posted at Kitchenmonki.com .  I have had this at the pumpkin patch, but never thought of making it a casserole.  At the pumpkin patch they opened a individual bag of fritos, put a spoonful of taco meat and melted cheese in the bag.  I used a fork to eat it out of the bag.  The mess was in the bag and you could eat it standing, without a plate, hence the name "walking taco."

Here is the recipe, and some of the changes that I made or would make next time.  I am going to make this for a football game in the fall.

1 lb of ground beef
1/3 of a chopped onion
Fritos
1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese.
Sour cream,
Salsa
Guacamole
Option A: taco seasoning packet.  Add to skillet and make according to directions on package.
or Option B: Small can of green chillies, 1 can of enchilada sauce, 2 oz of cream cheese, add to skillet.

Brown ground beef in a skillet with onion.  Drain any excess grease or water.  I made option B, but omitted the cream cheese.  Next time, I would make Option A. 

Layer in a casserole fritos, beef mixture, cheese, fritos, beef mixture, cheese.  Bake at 350 degrees, for about 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.  Enjoy with sour cream, salsa and guacamole.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...