Saturday, August 4, 2012

Cheesy Sausage and Rice Skillet



I was on the Hillshire farm website and I found this recipe.
Hillshire Farm  Unfortunately, the recipe was a little incomplete.  It was missing the amount of rice to make and it listed the red bell pepper 3 times, so I made it the best that I could.  This is definitely a recipe that we liked and will make again.
1 package of Cheddarwurst sausage
1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2" strips.
1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/2" strips
1 medium onion, cut into 1/2" strips
4 cups of cooked rice
1 can of condensed broccoli and cheese soup
3/4 cup of milk

Optional: 1 cup of peas, 1 4oz can sliced mushrooms

Prepare 4 cups of rice according to directions on package and keep warm.  Cut sausage into1/2" slices and add to large skillet.  Cook sausage, onions and peppers over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until sausage is lightly brown and peppers and onions are tender.


Next, add broccoli soup and milk to soup and heat thoroughly.  Spoon, sausage and veggies over rice and Enjoy!


Here is a list of the Linky parties that I link up to.  Thank you to all of the hosts for letting me post my favorite recipes, crafts, money saving ideas and activities for children.

Sunday - 
I heart nap time The Foley Family Tutus and Tea Parties Nifty Thrifty Things  The Sasse Life Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas

Monday -
Be Colorful I Gotta Try this Colours Dekor
diy home sweet home creating really awesome free things Sumo's Sweet Stuff Its so very Cheri  Signing Three Little Birds All Things Fee Sew Happy Geek Sew Chatty  Polly Want a Crafter  You're talking too much Ninth Street Notions An Original Belle  Mad in Crafts Skip to my Lou The Gunny Sack  Mrs. Happy Homemaker Flour me with love

Tuesday -
Inside BruCrew Life A bowl full of lemons Chef in training
Home Stories A to Z Hope Studios Coastal Charm House of Grace Tempt my Tummy Tuesday  - Blessed with Grace Ladybug blessings Tip Junkie Sugar Bee Crafts My uncommon slice of suburbia At home with K  Me and my boys Romance on a dime Elizabeth and Co.
Not just a housewife Vintage Wanna B Mandy's Recipe Box Crazy for Crust - desserts    33 shades of green The Winthrop Chronicles Claim Our Space - Tout it Tuesday

Wednesday-
Free Pretty Things JAQS Studio
My Girlish Whims Sew Much Ado Someday Crafts Domestically Speaking Ginger Snap Crafts  Seven Thirty Three Southern Lovely Trendy Treehouse Primp Rae Gun Ramblings DIY by Design
Lil' Luna Lady Behind the Curtain

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...