Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Celebrating the 1st day of Kindergarten!


Kindergarten is an exciting and scary time for little ones, so I did a few things to help ease Lillie's nerves and celebrate the day.
First, I gave her this "Off to Kindergarten" book, by Tony Johnston and a poem with magic dust.
 
 I found this poem with "Magic Dust" idea from: http://theeducatorsspinonit.blogspot.com/2011/08/first-day-of-school-magic-dust.html .  I used glitter for magic dust.  She said that she only needed a small pinch, because she was only a little nervous.
We also got a "Congratulations Lillie" cookie and balloon to celebrate Lillie's first day of school.  She will be surprised when she gets home and I can't wait to hear about her first day.   I am off to the bus stop.  I hope that your little one had a great first day at school.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...