Saturday, September 1, 2012

Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats


These Rice Krispie Treats are one of my favorite desserts.  My mom has been making these for as long as I can remember.  I made them for a Bar-B-Que last night and we brought home an empty pan.  (So, I was only able to take a picture of the treats before we left for the party.)   These are easy to make.  I think that they are easier to make than regular Rice Krispie treats, because they aren't as sticky to work with.



Spray non-stick cooking spray in bar pan
In a large pot/pan melt:
1 cup of peanut butter
1 cup of honey
3/4 cup of sugar
Keep stirring, so it doesn't scorch.  You will still be able to see a little bit of the sugar, but when it is really creamy remove the pan from the heat and add
6 cups of Rice Krispies
Spread in bar pan and allow to cool

Melt
1 cup of Semi-Sweet Chocolate chips
1 cup of Butterscotch chips in a sauce pan.
Once melted spread over Rice Krispies.

We keep these covered in the refrigerator.  Enjoy!

Here is a list of the Linky parties that I link up to.  Thank you to all of the hosts for letting me post my favorite recipes, crafts, money saving ideas and activities for children.

Sunday - 

Monday -

Tuesday -

Wednesday-

Thursday

Friday-

Saturday-


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...