Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Fat Free Apple Cake



This is a virtually fat free cake.  It has 9 ingredients and it is super easy to make.  This recipe uses applesauce in place of oil.
I found this recipe in a light cooking (publications international) cookbook that I bought at a library book sale. Makes 15-20 servings, 170 calories, 0 fat

4 cups of apples cored, peeled and thinly sliced
3 egg whites
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup of unsweetened applesauce
2 cups of flour
2 tsp of cinnamon
1 tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp of salt
1 tsp of vanilla extract

First, spray 9x13 or 9" spring form pan with non-stick cooking spray. Peel and thinly slice 4-5 medium apples to make 4 cups.
Beat egg whites until foamy.
Stir sugar and applesauce into egg whites.  In a separate bowl mix dry ingredients. Add dry ingredients and vanilla to egg whites, sugar and applesauce mixture. Pour over apples.
Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.  I baked the cake for 55 minutes in spring form pan. Or until toothpick comes out clean.  Cool and Enjoy!

Here is a list of the Linky parties that I link up to.  Thank you to all of the hosts for letting me post my favorite recipes, crafts, money saving ideas and activities for children.

Sunday - 

Monday -

Tuesday -

Wednesday-

Thursday

Friday-

Saturday-

8 comments:

  1. The list of ingredients seems to be short. How many eggs, how much sugar, and dry ingredients?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that. I updated the recipe above.

      Delete
  2. Yummy! I am going to have to pin this one for the future!
    Jacque @theDIYvillage.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Healthy and delicious, I love it!
    I would love to have you share this or any other recipe of you at Wednesday Extravaganza - my foodie link party with a little special something! Here is the link:
    http://www.hungrylittlegirl.com/1/post/2012/10/wednesday-extravaganza.html

    Can't wait to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, fat free is just a plus. This looks like a delicious recipe. Thanks for sharing it on foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks good! I'm going to try it this week!! Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tnx fore the information
    "The only time I put on weight recently was with the kids," she says. Her trick for losing it? Real-life, simple tactics: "I've become the master of shortcuts! It's still about eating less and moving more, but there's a way to do it so you don't feel miserable." This way, the weight stays off. Here are her top tips. For more information about The Truth of Apple benefits

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...