Thursday, November 15, 2012

Nebraska Husker Ribbon Wreath


I made this Michigan State Ribbon Wreath for Lillie's Preschool Teacher and I couldn't wait to make a Nebraska one.


To make this wreath you will need:
  • 45 yards of 5/8-2" ribbon.  The thinner the ribbon, the more yardage you will need.  I used 2 prints, 3      colors.  I used 2 different widths for the red and white.  For a total of 7 different ribbons.  I also used white and red cord.
  • Hot glue gun
  • 300-500 straight pins
  • 10-14" wreath form, I used a 12" foam wreath.
  • 3-4 hours

Step 1: wrap foam wreath in ribbon or tulle.  Secure with straight pins or glue.

Step 2: cut ribbon into 4 1/2" strips and glue ribbon strips into a loop






Step 3: Pin ribbon loops to wreath.

I only had 3 yards of the Nebraska ribbon, so I pinned it to the wreath first.  I made sure that it was spaced through out the wreath.

Step 4: continue to add ribbon loops to wreath.  

Not done yet.  You want your wreath to be full.  You don't want to see where the ribbon is attached to the foam wreath or the foam wreath itself.


This is a closer look of the wreath, to see the ribbon spacing.

Keep adding ribbon until the wreath is full.
Step 5: Time to add ribbon to the wreath, so you can hang it up.  Some crafters add the ribbon at the beginning, by tying it to the wreath.  I pinned and glued the ribbon to the wreath. Test the ribbon length and tie a bow.  Trim the extra ribbon off.



Step 6: Add your accessories to the wreath.  Remove wreath from the door and lay it down on your work surface to apply the accessories.  I applied hot glue to the back of the letters and Husker logo and then set them on the ribbon.

Finished wreath.  I can't wait to make a Easter, Christmas, Valentines Day or Halloween wreath.  
If you want to see the tutorial for the Michigan State ribbon wreath and links to other links click here.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...