Monday, February 4, 2013

Valentine Ribbon Wreath


I made this Valentine ribbon wreath as a gift, but I love it so much that I am going to have to make one for myself.
 To make this wreath you will need:
  • 30-45 yards of 5/8-2" ribbon.  The thinner the ribbon, the more yardage you will need. For this wreath I used 3 different ribbons. Two solid colors and 1 printed ribbon. I usually use grossgrain ribbon.  It gives it a nicer look, but because the printed ribbon was wired ribbon, I used a floral ribbon to match the sheen and texture of the printed ribbon.
  • Hot glue gun
  • 300-500 straight pins
  • 10-14" wreath form
  • 3-4 hours - I think that I spent 4 hours on this project, but now that I did the first one, I know that the next one will take less time.

    Last year, I saw this wreath from She's Kinda Crafty and I wanted to make it.
I used a heart shaped foam shape. It was glitter heart, so my daughter was a little disappointed that I was going to cover it up ribbon. Normally, I wrap the wreath with ribbon (see this post) but since it was covered with red glitter, I skipped to the next step.
I cut the ribbon into 4 1/2" strips and I used a hot glue gun to glue them into loops. I placed the printed ribbon on the wreath first.
 Then I used the solid color ribbon.
 Continue to add loops to the wreath.
You want your wreath to be full.  You don't want to see where the ribbon is attached to the foam wreath or the foam wreath itself.
 The heart foam already had a loop to hang it up, so I did not add another loop as I did with the other wreaths.

If you liked this wreath, you may want to check these out:
Michigan State Ribbon Wreath
Nebraska Ribbon Wreath


I watched and read the following links to assemble the wreath.  I changed a few things, but you may get some ideas from their blogs and videos.
http://www.thepickyapple.com/blog/2010/09/17/halloween-ribbon-wreath/


Here is a list of the Linky parties that I link up to.  Thank you to all of the hosts for letting me post my craft ideas.

Sunday - 
I heart nap time Navy Wifey Peters The Foley Family  Nifty Thrifty Things

Monday
Flour me with love I Gotta Try this diy home sweet home creating really awesome free things Sumo's Sweet Stuff Ninth Street Notions Be Colorful  Colours Dekor Make it Pretty Monday All Things Fee An Original Belle  Mad in Crafts The Gunny Sack  


Tuesday
Inside BruCrew Life Chef in training Home Stories A to Z Hope Studios Coastal Charm Ladybug blessings Sugar Bee Crafts My uncommon slice of suburbia Me and my boys  Elizabeth and Co. Not just a housewife The Winthrop Chronicles
Romance on a dime

Wednesday
 JAQS Studio My Girlish Whims Ginger Snap Crafts Primp  Rae Gun Ramblings Lil' Luna Lady Behind the Curtain Free Pretty Things Sew Much Ado Someday Crafts Seven Thirty Three Southern Lovely Trendy Treehouse  DIY by Design Ivy and Elephants

Thursday
Beyond the Picket Fence Yesterday on Tuesday Think Tank Thursdays The Artsy Girl Connection The Crafty Blog Stalker Momnivore's Dilemma House of Hepworth Made in a Day Christinas Adventures Fireflies and jellybeans Suzy's Artsy Craftsy Sitcom Rhinestone Beagle Bear Rabbit Bear Crafts

Friday
My Romantic Home One Artsy Mama 504 Main Craft Junkie Too Chic on a Shoestring Decorating Simply Sweet Home Kitchen Fun with my 3 sons The Grant Life Truly Lovely Home Maid Simple Delicate construction Simply Designing Thirty Hand Made Days Diana Rambles

Saturday
Funky Junk Interiors A Vision to Remember Serenity You Cheerios and Lattes Tutus and Tea Parties

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...