Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Copy Cat Recipe for Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup



I made this recipe tonight. Yes, it it 90 degrees, but I am tired of hamburgers, hot dogs and salads. It was so good that I had to share it with you right away.
I found this recipe on facebook and restaurant.food.com. I made changes to the original recipe and improved it.



1 lb of Italian sausage
1/2 lb of bacon
5 potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1/4-1/2" pieces.
1 onion chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced (I used the preminced stuff in a jar)
2 cups of chopped kale
2 cups of water
4 cups of chicken broth
2 cups of whipping cream or milk


Brown sausage in skillet. Cook bacon until crispy in another skillet or on cookie sheet in oven. While the sausage and bacon is cooking, peel and chop potatoes and onion. Place onions, kale, potatoes and garlic in soup pot with drained bacon grease. Cook on medium and stir until onions are cooked and potatoes are almost cooked, but firm. Add water and chicken broth and continue cooking until potatoes are done. Add Sausage, bacon and cream/milk to the soup pot and heat until hot. Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...