Sunday, August 25, 2013

Custom Ceiling Fan Blades




My oldest daughter has been begging for the ceiling fan pictured below, but I didn't want to buy her this one and have to change it out in 2 years when she grew bored of it.

Hunter 44-in Dreamland White and Pink Indoor Kids Ceiling Fan with Light Kit

So I came up with an inexpensive way to cover her current fan blade. Once she grows tired of them, I can flip the fan blade over to white side. 

First, we removed the blades from the fan and the hardware from the blade.
Next, I cut a section of gift wrap a little bigger than the fan blade.
Then I placed the blade in a box and sprayed it with photo adhesive. I let it set for 60 seconds to make it easier to work with.
 I placed the wood grain side of the fan blade down on the backside of the gift wrap paper.
 I wrapped the gift wrap around the fan blade to see what it would look like.
Next, I turned the fan blade back over and trimmed off the extra gift wrap paper with an xacto knife.
I also trimmed the paper from the fan blade holes.
Here are the five fan blades covered as I was putting the hardware back on.
Completed project.
It turned out so good, that I had to cover the fan blades in my other daughter's room. The total cost to cover both fan blades was only $17. That was a lot cheaper than buying a new fan.

Here is a list of the Linky parties that I link up to.  Thank you to all of the hosts for letting me post my favorite recipes, crafts, money saving ideas and activities for children.



Monday - Flour me with love Be Colorful Colours Dekor
Make it Pretty Monday diy home sweet home creating really awesome free things Sumo's Sweet Stuff All Things Fee Sew Chatty Ninth Street Notions  Mad in Crafts Skip to my Lou  

Tuesday - Me and my boys  Inside BruCrew Life Home Stories A to Z Hope Studios Coastal Charm Ladybug blessings Sugar Bee Crafts My uncommon slice of suburbia Romance on a dime Elizabeth and Co.
Not just a housewife The Winthrop Chronicles

Wednesday-
Free Pretty Things JAQS Studio life with the crusts cut off
My Girlish Whims Someday Crafts Ginger Snap Crafts  Seven Thirty Three Trendy Treehouse Rae Gun Ramblings DIY by Design Lady Behind the Curtain Ivy and Elephants

Thursday
Momnivore's Dilemma House of Hepworth Think Tank Thursdays Made in a Day Rhinestone Beagle  The Crafty Blog Stalker Seven Alive

Friday-
Truly Lovely My Romantic Home  Tater Tots and Jello  One Artsy Mama 504 Main  Chic on a Shoestring Decorating Simply Designing Simply Sweet Home Thirty Hand Made Days Kitchen Fun with my 3 sons The Grant Life Diana Rambles

Saturday-
Funky Junk Interiors A Vision to Remember Serenity You Cheerios and Lattes Crafty Mom Share

Sunday - 
 Navy Wifey Peters The Foley Family  Nifty Thrifty Things The Chicken Chick

19 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, it was super easy and the girls love them.

      Delete
  2. Absolutely love! Thanks for sharing on All Things Fee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks awesome!!! We would love it if you would link up at our linky party:
    http://www.lifewiththecrustcutoff.com/two-girls-and-a-party-link-up-31/
    Live every Wednesday to Sunday.
    Hosted by:
    http://www.lifewiththecrustcutoff.com/ Parrish @ Life with the Crust Cut Off
    http://thissillygirlslife.com/ Dana @ This Silly Girl’s Life
    We hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is brilliant! I have a ceiling fan that needs redoing. I don't have any cute gift wrap but I may try Contact Paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a brilliant idea! I am totally pinning this and trying it later. Thank you SO much for sharing!

    Amber
    My Personal Accent
    A Crafty DIY Eclectic Guide to Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is adorable! I'm so excited thinking of all the possibilities!
    Thank you!

    Judy @ Season of Sweets

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool way to personalize a kids room. Thanks for sharing

    Get Your Crap Together
    Please join our Pattern Party It starts the 1st of each month

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clever idea! Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun idea. I love it. I will be featuring this tonight at my Sizzle into Summer party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh how cute!! my daughter will surely love this!♥
    found you at diy by design!

    huggies♥
    rea

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute!! Thanks for sharing at my Pin Me Linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea! I may do this for my daughter's room. Thanks for linking up at Submarine Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That’s a very clever idea! With a little craftsmanship, you already have a new but old ceiling fan. I’m certain your daughter loves it so much. Kudos to your smart work!
    Staci Severns @ Brooklyn Fan

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. CUTE!!! My girls would love this!!! Found your link at Saturday Show & Tell!

    Please stop by and link up at our SUPER SUNDAY Link Party, our readers would also enjoy your creativity!

    Lori
    Who Needs A Cape?
    Not Your Average Super Moms...

    ReplyDelete
  16. While ceiling fans can help save up on electric bills, cools and circulate the air around the room, they can become a nice piece of decoration as well. And true to that, what you did here is really pleasing to the eye. I bet your daughter love what you did with her ceiling fan. By the way, have you tried using stickers? They look more stylish, easier to apply, and can provide as a great protection to your ceiling fan too!
    Maxima @ HandyPro

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...