Sunday, September 8, 2013

1st Day of 1st grade



Tuesday, was my daughter's 1st day of 1st grade. We did the following to celebrate the big day.
Like last year, she got this poem and glitter to help her sleep and send her onto a good day.

I saw a lot of my friends posting pictures of their children with colorful, artsy signs with the 1st day of 1st grade and it listed what the child wanted to be when they grow up. Well that seemed like a lot of work, so I cut a "1st" out of construction paper and had my princess hold it for pictures.

(On a side note, on the day of their birthday I have a list of 12 questions that I ask my girls. What they want to be when they grow up is one of them.)
That afternoon, I made these 2 cookies. I rolled them out, and used a knife to cut out the shapes. Last year, I bought a cookie, but this year I bought cookie dough and I already had a can of cake icing. I wanted to keep it simple, not eat a large cookie, and keep the cost for two celebrations under $5. I would have spent $20 if I would have bought them. The girls were both excited over the cookies and sprinkles.
On Tuesday, I will be making another for my preschooler's 1st day of school.
We also bought a latex balloon at the grocery to go with the cookies. If you want to see our celebration from last year's 1st day of school, click here: 1st day of kindergarten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...