Saturday, February 22, 2014

Quick and Easy Pasta Dish




I have not made Hamburger Helper in over 5 years. I stopped, because the sodium content was so high. I have learned to make pasta dishes that take about the same amount of time and are so much healthier.

Ingredients:
1 Jar of pasta sauce (I like to use the natural or organic store brand.)
1/2 to 1# of hamburger (I like to use the 90% lean)
1/2 package of pasta (I have used egg noodles, bow tie or penne pasta)

Cook pasta according to directions on the package. Cook hamburger in a skillet and drain any grease. If I use 90% or more lean hamburger, I usually don't need to drain the grease.  You can also use ground turkey. I typically use a 1/2 pound of hamburger, but you can use more, if you like your pasta dish to be meatier. After I cook and drain the hamburger, I add a jar of pasta sauce to the skillet and let is warm up.  Once the pasta noodles are cooked, I drain them and add them to the skillet with the sauce and hamburger.  I stir and let it all come up to temperature.  Enjoy!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...