Friday, May 2, 2014

Raspberry Jalapeno Vinaigrette




I have a new favorite summer salad and the highlight of the salad is the raspberry jalapeno vinaigrette. It is a sweet dressing with just a little kick of jalapeno.
To make the dressing, I first make the jalapeno sauce. In a blender, I blend 1/2 cup of water, 1 teaspoon of olive oil, 1 chopped and deseeded jalapeno.
To make the dressing  I combine 2 teaspoons of the jalapeno sauce to 1/2 cup store bought raspberry vinaigrette in a bowl. Dip a salad green in the dressing before pouring it over your salad. If it needs more jalapeno kick, add more of the jalapeno sauce.

The summer salad had spinach and salad greens, red peppers, feta cheese, craisins, carmalized walnuts or pecans.
We topped the salad with grilled chicken. It was so yummy and I plan on making it several times this summer. Enjoy!

Here is a list of the Linky parties that I link up to.  Thank you to all of the hosts for letting me post my favorite recipes, crafts, money saving ideas and activities for children.
Sunday - The Foley Family  Nifty Thrifty Things  Momnivore's Dilemma TitiCrafty

Monday - creating really awesome free things Creating my way to success Clairejustine Sew Can Do Scattered thoughts Kitchen Table Art A pinch of Joy Flour me with love Cherished Handmade Treasures Mad in Crafts

Tuesday -Inside BruCrew Life Coastal Charm  Mandy's Recipe Box Kathe with an E Our Delightful Home Cupcakes and Crinoline Memories by the Mile My uncommon slice of suburbia VMG206 Hope Studios Sugar Bee Crafts  Elizabeth and Co. Not just a housewife  The Winthrop Chronicles  Funky Polkadot Giraffe Tip Junkie  Tasty Tuesdays

Wednesday-JAQS Studio My Girlish Whims Ginger Snap Crafts DIY by Design Lady Behind the Curtain
 Life with the crusts cut off Someday Crafts Ivy and Elephants Seven Thirty Three

Thursday- Think Tank Thursdays A creative Princess Marigold's Loft All things with purpose  Sweet Haute Lamberts Lately Rhinestone Beagle A glimpse Inside Glued to my Crafts Aftsy Fartsy Mama 5 little Chefs Living well, spending less Krafty Cards

Friday- My Romantic Home Home Maid Simple Kitchen Fun with my 3 sons The Grant Life The best blog recipes my turn for us craftdictator crafts a la mode nancherroTruly Lovely Chic on a Shoestring Decorating Simply Sweet Home Diana Rambles What-about.co Peek-a-boo pattern shop justusfourblog  Make it Pretty Monday Craft-o-matic

Saturday-Mandatory Mooch Cheerios and Lattes  Pierced Pastimes





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...