Friday, June 27, 2014

Tie Dye Cake


My daughter asked to have a super 70's party for her birthday. I surprised her with this Tie Dye Cake. It was super easy to make and cheaper than buy a tie dye cake mix.
First, I mixed up a white cake mix according to the directions on the package of cake mix and separated the cake batter into 5 small bowls. In each bowl, I added food coloring to create the different colors of the cake. I slowly added the batter to the pans one color at a time. I swirled the batter after pouring it into the pan.
I kept adding the batter until all of the batter was in the pan. Below is a photo of the cake batter before it went into the oven.
 Bake the cake batter according to the directions on the cake mix box.
 Final cake decorating on the outside.
 The birthday girl was surprised when she saw the inside of the cake.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...