Saturday, August 23, 2014

Super Easy Super Hero Cape



At dinner last week, my husband asked our girls "What do you want to be when you grow up?"
my littlest princess replied "A super hero. I am going to need a cape." So, I went to the fabric store and my littlest one picked out rainbow material.
I purchased 1 yard of the material. First, I put the right sides of the material together and sewed the edges together.


I also sewed the bottom of the cape.

Next, I folded the cape in half and put a plate at the top to make the neck.

I straightened off the line on the neck.

I cut the notches into neck and sewed the the neck with the right sides together.
After sewing the neck, I turned the cape inside out.

I hand sewed the end of the cape.
Last, I added velcro to the tabs of the cape.
Here is the final cape.
Here is my super hero modeling her cape.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...