Sunday, May 31, 2015

Easy Cheesy Wild Rice Soup




The weather turned cold today and soup sounded good for dinner tonight. I made a Cheesy Wild Rice Soup in a crock pot.

Ingredients:
1 onion diced
1/2 lb of crispy bacon broken into pieces
1 cup of diced ham
1 cup of uncooked wild rice
2 cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon of parsley
4 cups of chicken broth
1 can of evaporated 2% milk
2 cups of frozen peas and carrots
8 oz of sour cream
16 sliced of american cheese

In a crock pot, add the onion, cooked bacon, diced ham, uncooked rice, garlic, parsley and chicken broth. Cook on low for 4-5 hours. Once the rice is cooked, add the frozen peas and carrots, sour cream and the 16 slices of American cheese. Soup is ready to serve once the soup, peas and carrots are warm. Enjoy!


Here is a list of the Linky parties that I link up to.  Thank you to all of the hosts for letting me post my favorite recipes, crafts, money saving ideas and activities for children.

Sunday - The Foley Family  TitiCrafty

Monday - Craft-o-matic Clairejustine Scattered thoughts Kitchen Table Art A pinch of Joy Flour me with love Mad in Crafts All Things Fee

Tuesday - Coastal Charm Kathe with an E Memories by the Mile Tip Junkie  My uncommon slice of suburbia Mandy's Recipe Box Hope Studios Sugar Bee Crafts  Elizabeth and Co.  The Winthrop Chronicles VMG206 Cupcakes and Crinoline Tasty Tuesdays

Wednesday- Ginger Snap Crafts DIY by Design My Girlish Whims

Thursday - A creative Princess Marigold's Loft Lamberts Lately Think Tank Thursdays All things with purpose Aftsy Fartsy Mama

Friday-
My Romantic Home Home Maid Simple Kitchen Fun with my 3 sons  my turn for us craftdictator  The best blog recipes What-about.co crafts a la mode Chic on a Shoestring Decorating Simply Sweet Home  justusfourblog Diana Rambles Lady Behind the Curtain I heart nap time


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...